Did you know you can make amazing cookies with CHICKPEAS?
According to WebMD, chickpeas are high in dietary fiber and a source of a number of nutrients, including calcium, choline, iron, folate, phosphorus and more. This nutritious and delicious pulse may even help lower your cholesterol and improve your mental health (source).
I love them as a source of plant-based protein and often mix them in salads and other dishes. When I discovered they can be used to make very tasty cookies and cookie dough, I was blown away!
This recipe here can be used to make either chickpea cookie dough or divine chickpea chocolate chip cookies. They’re perfect for a healthy snack any time of the day.
These chocolate chickpea cookies are so easy to make and so good 😋
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and shaken so they’re not too wet
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter (any nut butter will do)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- sea salt to taste
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (you can of course use milk chocolate if that’s your thing)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor except for the chocolate.
- Add the chocolate chips/chopped chocolate and blend it into the dough with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Roll into balls (or use a spoon/ice cream scoop) and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 170 C / 340 F for ~15 minutes.
Cool and enjoy … I love this super easy to make high protein, high fiber treat 💪🏼💪🏼
I would double this recipe if you have a food processor that’s large enough.