If you love Reese’s peanut butter cups or the combination of peanut butter and chocolate (it’s a popular favourite), then you’ll probably love these easy-to-make no-bake Peanut Butter Oat Cups.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup protein powder (I used a vanilla flavoured pea protein one)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1/2 cups dark chocolate or chocolate chips + 1 tablespoon oil (I used canola; coconut or another light tasting oil will work too)
- sea salt
- Mix the oats, protein powder, peanut butter and honey together in a mixing bowl, then press into a muffin tin or silicone muffin moulds. This makes enough for about 6 large cups, or you can do smaller/thinner ones with less chocolate on the top … fill the 6 cups about 3/4 of the way full.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (1-2 minutes on high), then mix in the oil and pour on top of each of the oat cups.
- Place in the freezer or fridge to set – you can add the sea salt either before they go in the fridge/freezer or after they come out. In the freezer these will set in 20 minutes, in the fridge an hour or so.
These are an amazing easy-to-make snack … you can also use white or milk chocolate for the top.
You can of course double the recipe to make 12 cups at a time.
PS – you can watch a video tutorial of this recipe on Instagram here.