My new go-to healthier brownie recipe ✨
These are made with almond flour instead of white flour and have yogurt instead of the butter/oil. And they taste pretty darn good, too! They are super rich and chocolatey and quite easy to make.
- 1 cup thick yogurt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Whisk the yogurt and brown sugar together in a mixing bowl until the the sugar dissolves (it will turn a nice goldeny colour). Whisk in the two eggs.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix to combine with a spatular or wooden spoon. The batter will very thick and gooey.
- Spoon the batter into a greased or parchment-paper-lined pan 8×8 (square) pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 F or 180 C; they’re done when toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool, slice and enjoy.
**Note: this batter will be a lot thicker than regular brownie batter, you could probably also add a bit of milk to thin it out if you like. But don’t worry, they will turn out and they are quite fudgy and nice. I’ve not tried with other flour types, but I’m guessing something like coconut flour would work too (I’ll try that next … 😉)