These 5-ingredient protein bars are so easy to make and so yummy… 💪🏼😋
They are not baked – you just mix everything together, then melt the chocolate, pour it on top and set the bars in the fridge or freezer to cool.
- 1+ 1/2 cups of natural/unsweetened peanut butter
- 3/4 cup vegan protein powder
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate (=~80g)
Mix this all together then spread into a pan. Next, melt a 1/2 cup of dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips and spread this over the mixture in the pan. Pop the pan into the fridge or freezer to cool. Then slice and enjoy ☺️ if you make these, let me know!
- Mix all the ingedients except the chocolate in a mixing bowl.
- Press the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Melt the chocolate on the stove or in the microwave and pour it over the mixture in the pan, spreading the the melted chocolate evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Pop the pan into the fridge (for an hour) or freezer (for 15 minutes) to cool.
- Slice and enjoy!
Notes: be sure to use a vegan protein powder that you like the taste of. If you don’t, it will overpower the flavour of these bars. I think they would also be nice with chocolate flavoured protein powder.
If you don’t have honey on hand, I think adave syrup or even maple syrup would do.
These can be stored in a container in the fridge.